Maryborough Sugar Mill Shredder Turbine Building & River Pipeline
These works involved the construction of a mill building extension and a large concrete pit & footings for a new sugar mill turbine, together with a water supply pipeline to the sugar mill from the Mary River. These works were undertaken for MSF Sugar Ltd.
Key scope of works:
- Excavation and installation of portal frame footings up to 4m deep
- Fabrication and erection of structural steel for the building extension.
- Installation of crane rail tracks.
- Roof and wall cladding and ventilation
- Construction of a turbine pit and foundation to allow turbine installation onto the axis of the existing turbine
- Construction of a submerged 750mm diameter process return water line and manholes
- Large box culvert works
- Service riser pit
- Retaining wall construction
- Construction of rigid pavements
Notable aspects of the project:
- Brownfield building works
- Constructing large concrete foundations and structures in reclaimed substrata
- Working with significant structural steel work in a very confined space
- Submerged pipeline construction works